Saturday, May 26, 2007

This week, on 'Tim In Sweden':

Sorry I haven’t updated much recently – fortunately, it’s because I’ve actually been busy and gone out doing stuff, so it’s been good. On Monday, I had to stay for an extra 2 and a half hours after placement, to go to a staff meeting. It was all in Swedish, so it was completely pointless for me to be there. I just sat there trying not to fall asleep.
On Tuesday, I went to the University pub with Camilla – the idea was that we’d invite the people we like from our class, but we left it too late and in the end, everyone was busy. But we didn’t find that out until we were already there. Still, it was alright, Camilla’s a good person; we managed to have a conversation that wasn’t about death or mutilation, which is the first time that has happened.
On Wednesday, I went to a gay café (say it out loud, it’s fun) with Carolien and Janneke, to try out this white chocolate cheesecake that they said had looked nice. And... it was rubbish. Well, it wasn’t TERRIBLE, but it was too creamy – it was a HUGE slice, and was basically like eating a mountain of whipped cream on a biscuit. It was just too much, I couldn’t finish it. But it was in a really nice area in Gamla Stan, so I could probably go there with mum; it was quite a nice café, but we didn’t go inside – it was warm enough to sit outside, even at 8pm.
On Thursday, the international committee from Uni organised a trip to Gröna Lund – a theme park on Djurgården. It was really cool, the international committee paid for us to get in, and then paid for our booklets of tickets, which you use to play the games and go on rides and stuff. Obviously, I didn’t go on any rides, but they have an excellent Fun House and a really good Haunted House. The teacher of the class I’m in at pre-school said she’s genuinely scared of the haunted house there, and won’t ever go back in. I would show pictures, but my camera won’t upload to the computer; I don’t know if it’s a problem with the camera, the lead, or the computer, so I’ll have to wait until I’m home. I think it might be the camera, because I dropped it a few weeks ago. It means I’ve got a backlog of pictures on the camera since before Tamsin was here.
On Friday, yesterday, I went to this gorgeous outdoors pub thingy with Camilla and a few others, including one of her friends who I met last week. This place was really nice, and it felt so summery; you have to walk up quite a lot of steps to get there, but you end up with a nice view, overlooking Gamla Stan and Djurgården. Again, would have pictures, but... I managed to get an OK whiskey.
Not much has really happened today. The most exciting thing is that some old man knocked on Rui’s door, then when Rui opened the door, the man shouted “TWO-THIRTY!” and walked in. It was quite strange. Also, I saw a homemade advert in the lift, by a girl advertising cheap haircuts, in this building. I’ve textededed her enquiring about one – that’s a bad idea, isn’t it? I mean, if this haircut turns out badly, it’s not like I’m gonna say “How surprising, it was such a professional advert!” The advert, by the way, was just a printed word document saying “Cheap haircuts in Armégatan 32” then a quick run through of prices (including ‘eyebrow threading’ and ‘whole face threading’, if anyone wants to tell me what the hell that might be?) and her phone number. I would wait until I get home, but I just look so rubbish at the moment.
Anyway, that’s been this week! For the next week and a half, I have lots of assignments to be getting on with; then mumsy arrives, and then I leave a few days later.

1 comment:

A.M . Berglind said...

Hi tim, i'm desperate to thread my eyebrows and can't seem to find the services anywhere except mentioned in your blog.You would do me good by letting me know the contact details to this person.

Kins regards,

red_applonia@yahoo.com