Friday, May 18, 2007

Camumu

So after complaining to a fair few people that I've not met anyone, and I have nothing to do here, Camilla from Uni (who I have humorously, and affectionately nicknamed 'Camumu') textedededed me this evening to say "Hey, are you still coming to that free concert?" Seemed I'd completely forgotten about the free concert she mentioned on Moodle (Moodle being the laughably-named internet forum our Uni uses. Like Blackboard, Canterbury people), which heavily featured an inordinate amount of awful Swedish pop music. Still, it was free (that's the 3rd time I've said that in this post, I need another word. 'Priceless' should mean 'free'), and it was nice to go somewhere, and to see people. Hopefully we'll do something on Tuesday as well, and her friends who were there tonight were talking about going to a pub on Friday. I'll feel fully satisfied with my trip to this country if I can go out a few more times in the remaining 3 weeks. That's mental, only 3 weeks to go; it's not that long at all. Although, it does seem like an age ago that I was living with E in Newham, and it seems like a different time entirely that I was sharing a house with D and A. I'm looking quite forward to being back in England again, partly to see people, but mostly (let's be honest here) to get myself some good cheesecake.

No comments: