Sunday, May 27, 2007

Haircut

So I went through with it, and got myself a haircut from this Nicole woman who advertised in the lift. She wasn't very talkative, but I should maybe have guessed that from how she textededed: "you r wellcome at 18 pm tomorow at strix armegatan 32.apt 107.nicole" (Strix is another name for this building - no idea why). She was an Indian woman, and no matter how hard I tried to create SOME form of dialogue, she resisted quite wilfully and rather impressively. After a while, I just gave up and sat in silence. She used quite a strange word to describe how she could cut it; I think it was 'decent'. "You could look like a decent guy, like this." Looking 'decent', basically involved looking like a twat; i.e. having my hair in a side-parting like an 80s businessman. A bit like this guy: http://support.vsm.net/businessman%20181.gif. Also, she waited until about halfway through to tell me that I was the very first man whose hair she had cut. So how did it turn out? Well (Tamsin, look away now), the front is pretty short, showing off my gargantuan forehead. Apart from that, it looks fine. Maybe not as good as Shane or Sarah would have done it, but no one will see it for 2 weeks, and by then it'll have grown a considerable amount. Still, at £8.46, it's the most expensive haircut I've ever paid for. That mad Italian "You say you want spaghetti, but you no want spaghetti?!" man charged £7.50. If you don't know what I'm talking about then... well, good.

In other news, y'know that annoying advert for hair dye with Davina McCall? The one where she's calling her mum? They have that same advert here, but with an annoying Swedish celebrity. Pernilla something. It's strange watching it, and feeling a familiar irritation.
Also, I had a nosebleed on Monday, and since then, there's been blood on the tissue every time I've blown my nose. I've also been feeling kinda ill since Tamsin was here - never terribly sick, just always with a bit of a sore throat and a bit of a sniffle.

No comments: