Sunday, April 08, 2007

Vague warnings

It's only now that I've installed anti-virus software which longs out my computer, that I've realised how vague the warning bubble is. When I switched on my computer, it said "Warning: Your computer might be at risk". So, I might be in a situation where something might happen? That's not very terrifying. But the greatest vague warning I've ever seen, was on the side of a London bus a few weeks ago - "1 in 3 people with untreated tuberculosis might die". Hang on, so if you contract a disease that has pretty much been wiped out, and don't treat it, then there's a 33% chance of it being possible that you'll die? That's not a warning; it's barely even a fact.

I haven't been outside in a while, so I don't have any new pictures, I'm afraid. Also, I start lectures again on Tuesday, and Tamsin is once again available for e-mailing, so I'll post on this far less often. Probably.

No comments: